ARE FISH ANTIBIOTICS A SAFE BET FOR HUMANS?
Fear-mongering about hoarding fish antibiotics is no stranger to disaster preparedness blogs. This precautionary measure is largely based on the likelihood that healthcare providers will cease to function in the face of potential danger like natural disasters or pandemics. But are they as safe and efficient as it’s believed?
Below, we will explore the effectiveness and accessibility of fish antibiotics today.
Fish Antibiotics For Humans
This trend continues to fester among people who are turning to risky behavior,willing to substitute their prescribed medication with aquatic antibiotics. For some reason or another, these buyers all seem to look for these common requirements when it comes to picking an adequate fish antibiotic.
- A quick fix for common infections
- Available in large quantities
How safe are Fish Antibiotics For Humans?
If you decide to purchase fish antibiotics for personal use, remember that self-diagnosis can be wrong more often than not and can lead to delayed treatment and irreversible repercussions. A consult with your physician is necessary before every medical decision. Don’t take this article as your only source, as the writer isn’t a licensed diagnostician.
Before addressing the effectiveness of fish antibiotics for humans, one must make a thorough comparison of the components found in fish and human antibiotics. You should always read the labels to make sure you choose the recommended dose.
I went through a few brands and made the following chart.
|Fish Antibiotic Name||Active Ingredient and Dosage|
|Fin Mox Forte||Amoxicillin
|Fin Flex Forte||Cephalexin
|Fin Flox Forte||Ciprofloxacin
|Fin Pen Forte||Penicillin
As we’ve seen, these known pharmaceutical drugs such as Amoxicillin and Penicillin are consumed by fish and humans alike at the same dose, rendering them effective against some diagnosed bacterial infections.
What to look out for when buying fish antibiotics?
- Antibiotics aren’t a one size fits all medication, as they can only cure bacterial related Taking fish antibiotics while suffering from a viral or any other non-bacterial infection will allow the bacteria to mutate and increase their resistance to even broad-spectrum antibiotics. For example,taking amoxicillin when it’s unnecessary can causea rash all over the body. That’s why you need to take tests to confirm that the ailment is of bacterial nature.
- Carefully read the labels on fish antibiotics to make sure they don’t contain any other additives that aren’t safe for human consumption. Whether you buy your fish antibiotics in bulk orcapsules, make sure they only contain the ingredient you’re looking for such as:
- About 10% of the world population is allergic to penicillin. In some cases, taking penicillin in fish antibiotics can cause an anaphylactic reaction, which can be deadly.
here can I buy fish antibiotics?
Fish antibiotics are widely available in small markets, at a fraction of the cost of human antibiotics sold in pharmacies. They’re also available in online stores like fishick . All you have to do is type the name of the antibiotic you’re looking for and a wide variety of bands will pop up. Just make sure to follow our advice above to make the most of your purchase.
All in all, it seems that fish antibiotics are a low-cost addition to your survival kit. Always consult with your physician about any medical decision, to make sure these fish antibiotics won’t cause any unwanted complications.